Bubble Children’s Dentistry and Orthodontics uses state-of-the-art technology to make your child’s visit to the dentist a great experience. We offer the Fotona LightWalker® which allows our dentists to perform treatments with extreme precision and a high degree of performance. It is equipped with the fastest Erbium laser in the world, which means faster and safer care for your child. We are the only office in Greater Boston that has made the investment for you and your child.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry for Your Child
When comparing laser dentistry treatment to traditional dental drill treatment, the laser offers:
- Improves precision. The laser allows our doctors to limit the trauma to the treated area, which protects the neighboring tissue from inadvertent damage.
- Promotes faster healing. As a result of decreased bleeding, trauma, and decreased risk of infection.
- Lessens pain. The laser seals nerve endings often eliminating the need for dental anesthesia.
- Calms nerves. Children relax more when the dental drill is not present. Lasers don’t make the loud drilling noises and grinding sensation that some traditional dentistry tools do.
- Reduces bleeding and swelling. The laser seals blood vessels triggering immediate blood clotting during soft tissue treatments.
- Eliminates stitches. The laser cauterizes the area making stitches completely unnecessary for some patients.
- Lowers infection risk. The laser sterilizes the area instantly during treatment.
Dental Procedures with the Fotona Laser
- Frenectomy; a procedure releasing muscle attachment to the tongue or lip. This procedure helps babies who cannot breastfeed and children who are tongue-tied, and in many cases can help to reduce speech impediments.
- Routine and complex fillings
- Treating gum inflammation and gum disease
- Treating pain from canker sores and/or cold sores
- Detect Decay
- Sterilize Tooth before placing sealant
- Remove decay with NO numbing, NO shots
- Baby tooth root canals
- Re-contour overgrown gum tissue after braces
- Expose teeth to help tooth eruption
- Biopsy without stitches
- Help healing with biostimulation after a trauma
We are excited to offer your child the option of pediatric laser dentistry!
Bubble Children’s Dentistry and Orthodontics will put your child at ease and our highly trained dental professionals will utilize this proven technique to make your child’s visit much more enjoyable!