Parents should brush their child’s teeth with toothpaste containing fluoride from the moment a child’s first tooth appears. Additionally, it gets kids used to brushing from a young age, which helps prevent cavities and gum disease. Want to know what kind of toothpaste you should get for your kid when they’re ready to start toothbrushing? Continue reading to find out!
How To Shop For Kids Toothpaste
Dentists tend to recommend almost the same toothpaste brands for kids as adults since they are similar. Children’s toothpaste must meet two requirements:
- First, it must be certified by the American Dental Association. This seal means the toothpaste brand sent data and other materials to the ADA, allowing the organization to determine that the product meets safety and efficacy requirements.
- The second requirement is that it must contain fluoride, which is an ingredient dentists tell us reduces cavities. To earn the ADA Seal of Acceptance on toothpaste, it must be made with fluoride and must not include flavorings like sugar. These flavorings can cause or contribute to tooth decay.
As a basis for recommending the options below, we looked at a list of kids’ kinds of toothpaste with the ADA Seal of Acceptance. We recommend only fluoride-containing kid’s kinds of toothpaste.
- Colgate for Kids Toothpaste
- This toothpaste comes in the flavor “Bubble Fruit” and is packaged with children’s cartoon characters such as the Minions.
- Crest Kids SparkleFun
- This toothpaste comes in the flavor “Bubblegum” and contains small amounts of “glitter and sparkles” to entice children with fun toothpaste.
- Hello Kids Fluoride Toothpaste
- This toothpaste comes in the flavors of “Wild Strawberry” or “Bubble Gum” and is in sleek, clean packaging.
- Tom’s of Maine Children’s Toothpaste
- This toothpaste comes in the flavor of “Silly Strawberry” and may be a good option for your child if they are sensitive to minty flavors.
- Aquafresh for Kids Toothpaste
- This toothpaste comes in the taste of “Bubble Mint” and is packaged in a squeeze bottle, adding more fun to your child’s teeth brushing routine.
Contact Us Today
Are you looking for a dentist that’ll help your child with their teeth brushing routine? Well, you’ve come to the right place. The dentists at Bubble’s will create a fun and exciting experience for your child. To book an appointment with us today, you can call us at (617) 655-9410 or request an appointment on our website.